Sweet Treats for Your Big Day
Having trouble deciding which delicious dessert to serve at your wedding?
Rebecca Jones is a student at the Art Institute who has studied the art of baking pastries for the past two years gave us the inside scoop on desserts! She has taken courses such as “European cakes and tortes,” and “Chocolates, confections, and center pieces.” Rebecca also designed and created the wedding cake pictured above.
- A new trend in wedding desserts is serving cupcakes instead of a traditional wedding cake, or, just having a small cake for the bride and groom to cut and giving the guests cupcakes. Not only are cupcakes a cute alternative, but also they’re a much less expensive option!
- Many brides choose to coordinate their wedding cake with the theme of their wedding or even the theme of the bride’s gown. “A lot of times I see wedding cakes that are made to look similar to the wedding dress, either replicating the lace or ruffles or something distinctive about the dress.”
-Stay true to what you love. If you aren’t a big fan of cake then opt for another dessert such as gourmet cookies or gelato. Rebecca has seen people that don’t like cake serve wedding pies instead!
Provence Breads & Cafe in Nashville has a great selection of desserts other than cake. Their pastel colored macaroons make a great addition to any dessert table. Their assorted truffles and cookies are also a great choice!
- “Whatever your taste, there is something to make your special day fitting to your personality.” A wedding dessert should compliment the personalities of couple getting married. There are so many great dessert options out there so don’t be afraid to try something new or nontraditional.
Wedding Cake Ideas
- Butter-cream frosting: Many brides choose to go for a simple cake with chocolate or vanilla butter-cream frosting. It may not look like a work of art but you can’t beat the taste!
- Fondant: Many wedding cakes are covered with fondant in order to create a perfectly smooth and crisp appearance. Fondant makes it easy to incorporate and match the colors of your wedding into the cake.
-Shapes: Try an interesting shapes cake with tiered squares or octagons instead of the traditional circle. You could even try pairing different shaped cakes together, such as round tiers mixed with squares.
- Designs: Many cakes feature elegant designs or patterns, as well as decorative accessories such as flowers or jewels.
In: Bridal, Fun, Tips and Ideas · Tagged with: cakes and sweets for your wedding, Desserts for your wedding, Olia Zavozina Bridal and Mensware